The Margasons, aka "my other family"
No words can describe what this family means to me. I remember Natalie as a little girl and Sarah as a toddler and Mom and I even got to see Julia in the hospital (she was in the NICU and Mom told the nurse she was Mrs. Margason's sister so we could see the baby). They all are growing into beautiful young women. I am so proud of them and miss them terribly. They truly are the sisters I never had. Oh, and they make the most amazing cakes!




My amazing mentor and her sweet daughters
Leigh came into my life in high school and was a huge blessing. Oh how I wish I could go back just for a few hours to when she would pick me up from school and we'd get coffee and talk. She would always end by praying for me in my driveway as she dropped me off. I learn so much from Leigh and she is my inspiration as I minister to the teenage girls in our youth group. I love her family as well. I babysat her girls often and can't believe how much they have grown. They both tower over me and truly are beautiful young women, inside and out.



The LaLas
We don't have a culture where most people have older men and women in their lives who aren't relatives. My other new mom friends and I often talk about how much we long for older women to mentor us or just befriend us. I have more other mothers than I can even count in Colorado. This is just one group of them. They have blessed and served me countless times and are all godly examples.

I miss you all already!
No comments:
Post a Comment